Commissioner Alexandra Davis will host a community meeting next Tuesday, June 3, 2014 from 6:30 - 8:30 pm in Vizcaya Park's Multi-Purpose Room. At least one of the main topics will be proposed park improvements. I couldn't find the announcement online, but included here are the front and back of the post card they mailed me today. Vizcaya Park is located at 14200 SW 55th Street, Miramar, FL 33027. That's at the dead end of Honey Hill Rd., west of Flamingo Rd. (and you'll see that one of the improvements is to put a directional sign at that intersection!)
The proposed project scope includes:
- Addition of one 360' x 220' soccer field
- Addition of two 35' x 35' pavilions
- Addition of a splash pad with funbrellas
- Modifications to the park's entrance gate
- Addition of city/park signage visible from Florida's Turnpike
- Additional overflow grass parking
- Directional sign at the intersection of Flamingo Rd. and Honey Hill Rd.
- Landscape buffer along the south property line.
You can contact the City of Miramar's Engineering Department at 954 602 3300 for more information.